About Me

My photo
my name is Vibol, i don't proof read, inform me of the grammatical nistakes. http://twitter.com/goodvibes18

Sunday, June 6, 2010

i showed dorian gray his portrait...soz

decided that i am going to do oscar wilde in my ipi exam, this still leaves me 7 more political thinkers to choose. Either way Oscar Wilde is a goddam legend, his writings and thoughts are like a mirror of my own inner thoughts...darkly satirical with major emphasises on sarcasm. here are some of his quotes

Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination

A little sincerity is a dangerous thing, and a great deal of it is absolutely fatal

Consistency is the last refuge of the unimaginative

Every portrait that is painted with feeling is a portrait of the artist, not of the sitter

I am not young enough to know everything

Morality, like art, means drawing a line someplace

The only thing to do with good advice is pass it on. It is never any use to oneself

The only thing worse than being talked about is not being talked about

The true mystery of the world is the visible, not the invisible

Whenever people agree with me I always feel I must be wrong

I can resist anything but temptation

Life is far too important a thing ever to talk seriously about

To lose one parent, Mr Worthing, may be regarded as a misfortune; to lose both looks like carelessness

A man cannot be too careful in the choice of his enemies

To get back my youth I would do anything in the world, except take exercise, get up early, or be respectable

Always forgive your enemies - nothing annoys them so much

When a woman marries again, it is because she detested her first husband. When a man marries again, it is because he adored his first wife. Women try their luck; men risk theirs

Bigamy is having one wife too many. Monogamy is the same

He has no enemies, but is intensely disliked by his friends

True friends stab you in the front

A poet can survive everything but a misprint

I was working on the proof of one of my poems all the morning, and took out a comma. In the afternoon I put it back again

2 comments:

  1. "To get back my youth I would do anything in the world, except take exercise, get up early, or be respectable" . bahahhahaha. Can I steal this quote? You're way fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. steal away, fyi not my quotes oscar wildes' haha, search him up HIS WAY MORE FUN THAN ME

    ReplyDelete